2023 Payments Summit Topics Revealed: Instant Payments, Contactless Innovation, Crypto, BNPL and More
REDWOOD CITY, Calif., November 17, 2022 – The Secure Technology Alliance will soon welcome hundreds of payments industry leaders to Salt Lake City for the 15th Annual Payments Summit. One central theme exists at the heart of the event; Innovations Abound: Exploring the new frontier of payments technologies. Industry luminaries from top global and domestic payment networks, merchants, issuers, processors and acquirers will explore the key disruptors influencing the future of payments.
The conference will be held February 27 – March 2, 2023, at the Marriot Salt Lake, boasting stunning mountain views in downtown Salt Lake City, Utah. The Payments Summit will take place directly following the U.S. Payments Forum All-Member Meeting. For more details and to register, visit the event website.
Attendees will walk away with actionable payments industry guidance and strong social connections that can be used to propel their businesses forward. Thought-provoking keynotes, panels and roundtables will be spread across three agenda tracks: emerging technologies, hot topics and industry game changers.
The emerging technologies track will include sessions on:
- Ultra Wideband (UWB) use for contactless and secure wireless payments
- New advancements in Fintech such as seamless payments through IoT and wearable technologies and payments via connected cars
- Alternative payment methods and developments in cross-border payments
- Open API banking for optimal payment flexibility
- Developments in biometrics, including Fingerprint Cards (FPC), facial scanning and sensor implementation
- Electric vehicle (EV) open payments
The hot topics track will explore innovations that are driving payment trends globally, including:
- Buy now, pay later (BNPL), its benefits and potential risks
- Tap-to-pay, tap-to-mobile, QR code payments and the contactless revolution
- The Peer-to-peer payment surge and its industry-wide impact
- Secure remote commerce (SRC) and the EMV SRC API/SDK specifications
The industry game changers track will set its sights toward the future of payments by delving into:
- Cryptocurrency, Central Bank Digital Currencies (CBDC) and Blockchain
- Emerging payment fraud and the industry’s leading mitigation strategies
- Faster payment advancements, instant payments and FedNow
- The evolution of authentication and ID verification, mobile driver’s licenses (mDL) and digital IDs
“As an industry, we are striving to think outside of the box and expand beyond traditional payments,” said Jason Bohrer, executive director of the Secure Technology Alliance. “Today’s technological landscape is evolving at a constant pace and consumers are searching for the next big innovation that will create a frictionless payment experience, no matter where, when or how they choose to transact. The Payments Summit provides industry stakeholders, big and small, with a space to connect, learn, stay ahead of the curve and collaborate to build a better payments ecosystem.”
About the Secure Technology Alliance
The Secure Technology Alliance is the digital security industry’s premier association. Through its U.S. Payments Forum, Identity and Access Forum and its collaborative working groups, the Alliance fosters open dialogue among industry stakeholders to explore and develop secure technology innovations in the payments, identity and access markets. By collaborating on education and guidance, the Alliance helps enable efficient, timely and effective implementation of large-scale, disruptive technologies. For more information, please visit https://www.securetechalliance.org.
About the U.S. Payments Forum
The U.S. Payments Forum is a cross-industry body that brings stakeholders together on neutral ground to enable efficient, timely and effective implementation of emerging and existing payment technologies. This is achieved through education, guidance and alternative paths to adoption. The Forum is the only non-profit organization whose membership includes the whole payments ecosystem, ensuring that all stakeholders have the opportunity to coordinate, cooperate on and have a voice in the future of the U.S. payments industry. The organization operates within the Secure Technology Alliance, an association that encompasses all aspects of secure digital technologies.
Montner Tech PR