Welcome to the Smart Card Alliance Training and Certification newsletter, a quarterly update distributed to members of the Smart Card Alliance Leadership, Education and Advancement Program (LEAP), CSEIP and CSCIP recipients. Please visit the LEAP, CSCIP, CSEIP portions of our website for news and updates. Thank you for your membership and interest, and please email us with any suggestions for future content.
Welcome New Certification Recipients
Congratulations to the following individuals who recently received their certification credentials.
- Mario Egoavil, PS2U
- Medge Canseco, Secure Mission Solutions, Inc.
- Gerald Murphy, Deloitte & Touche LLP
- Jose M. Arroyo, ICC Solutions Limited
- Devesh Pandit, E4 Security Consulting, LLC
- Antonio Araujo, PowerComm
- Flavio Breyer, Open Options
- Perry Galloway, Brivo Systems, LLC
- Sterling Gawthrop, PowerComm
- Benjamin Globus, Securityhunter
- Corey Hewitt, Signet Technologies, Inc.
- Joe McCollum, Identiv
- Opy Robbins, Bergelectric
- Freddy Salas, TIC Security
- Todd Soderstrom, Security Install Solutions, Inc.
- Nicholas Suarez, General Services Administration
- Rodney Taylor, Office of the Comptroller of the Currency
- Jason Tesori, Bergelectric
- Maniram Tiwari, Tyco Integrated Security
- Ricardo Torres, Siemens Industry, Inc.
- Anthony Tran, Star Asset Security, LLC
New Training Center Launch
In February, the Smart Card Alliance board of directors held its first in-person meeting of 2016 at the newly opened National Center for Advanced Payments and Identity Security. The facility will be the permanent location for the Alliance’s training and certification programs in addition to hosting educational forums. The official grand opening of the Center took place on Wednesday, March 2, with a Government and Industry Day event, which was attended by more than 50 representatives of Federal agencies and government industry members. Speakers included:
- Hildegard Ferraiolo, NIST, who provided a summary to draft provisions to a revision of SP800-116, a document for recommended use of PIV credentials for physical access control systems
- Steve Howard, CertiPath, who spoke on behalf of the GSA Evaluation Program and GSA’s Functional Requirements and test cases
- LaChelle LeVan, GSA, who expanded on the emerging requirement for two-factor authentication for logical and web access
- Jim Sheire, GSA, who delivered a forward-looking update on the importance of the Federal Identity, Credential and Access Management (FICAM) initiative underway
- Marc-Anthony Signorino, IDESG, who discussed the future of trusted digital identity management
Upcoming Training and Exam – CSCIP
If you are planning on taking the training and/or exam, make sure to save the date and set up a reminder in your calendar to register. If your company is interested in hosting a corporate exam,let us know. Except for those trainings that will be held at Smart Card Alliance conferences (and are noted below), all trainings will take place at the National Center for Advanced Payments and Identity Security.
- CSCIP Training and Exam, June 29 (training) and June 30 (exam), National Center for Advanced Payments and Security
- CSCIP Training and Exam, Sept. 28 (training) and Sept. 29 (exam), National Center for Advanced Payments and Security
Upcoming Training and Exam – CSCIP/G
- CSCIP/G Training and Exam, June 1 (training) and June 2 (exam), National Center for Advanced Payments and Security
- CSCIP/G Training and Exam, Sept. 6 (training) and Sept. 7 (exam), National Center for Advanced Payments and Security
- CSCIP/G Training and Exam, Nov. 17 (training) and Nov. 18 (exam), National Center for Advanced Payments and Security
Upcoming Training and Exam Dates – CSCIP/P
- CSCIP/P Training and Exam, June 27 (training) and June 28 (exam), National Center for Advanced Payments and Security
- CSCIP/P Training and Exam, Sept. 13 (training) and Sept. 14 (exam), National Center for Advanced Payments and Security
More CSCIP Information and registration forms:
- Download the CSCIP Certification Application – Fillable Word Form, PDF
- Download the CSCIP, CSCIP/G and/or CSCIP/P Exam Registration and Documentation Order Form – Fillable Word Form, PDF
If your company is interested in hosting a corporate training and certification for 10 or more employees, let us know; Training can be held at any location in the US or globally and discounts are given to corporate examsgroups. Visit the CSCIP portion of the website for more information
Upcoming Training and Exam Dates – CSEIP
- CSEIP Training and Exam, April 19-21, National Center for Advanced Payments and Security
- CSEIP Training and Exam, July 12-14, HID PIV Class Reader in Austin, TX
More CSEIP information and registration forms:
Download the CSEIP application – Fillable Word Form, PDF. Visit the CSEIP portion of the website for more information.
New Educational Resources Available
We encourage you to take a look at the many educational resources available to you, including resources exclusively available for LEAP members, CSCIP recipients and CSEIP recipients.
- EMV Best Practices Web Resource, best practice database published by the EMV Migration Forum
- Healthcare Identity Authentication and Payments Convergence: A Vision for the Healthcare Industry, white paper published by the Smart Card Alliance Health and Human Services Council
- PIN Bypass in the U.S. Market, white paper published by the EMV Migration Forum
- Reference Enterprise Architecture for Transit Open Payment System, white paper published by the Smart Card Alliance Transportation Council
See Who Is Certified
View the complete list of CSCIP and CSEIP members. You can sort the list by individual name, company name, or date of certification.
Have You Renewed Your LEAP Membership for 2016?
If your LEAP membership expired on December 31, 2015, you must renew your membership now or your LEAP member access and CSCIP certification will be suspended. Contact Nicole Lauzon at 1-800-556-6828 or [email protected] if you have any questions.
Promote Your Certification
If you have a CSCIP or CSEIP designation, be sure to promote your certification in your signature in all of your email and hard copy correspondence, as well as on business cards and letterhead. If you need a copy of a specific logo credential, please email Shelbey Votapek to request one.