Keynote Speakers Announced for 2016 Smart Card Alliance Payments Summit
Newly co-located event moves to Orlando in April, early registration discounts available through March 18
Princeton Junction, N.J., February 3, 2016 – Coming to Orlando, Florida in April, the newly located and expanded version of the 2016 Smart Card Alliance Payments Summit will bring together executives from EMV payments, mobile payments, transportation payments, and FinTech to answer some of the leading questions in the industry: What’s next for the U.S. EMV chip migration post-fraud liability shift? Where are mobile payments heading? Can transit leverage advances in contactless and mobile payments? What role does FinTech play in the future of payments?
The 9th Annual Payments Summit will be held April 5-7, 2016 at the Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando in Orlando, Florida with a pre-conference workshop on April 4. The event will be co-located with the ICMA Card Manufacturing and Personalization EXPO, and will include a joint exhibit hall and opening general session, as well as multiple educational tracks open to attendees from both events. Agenda topics, registration, exhibition and sponsorship details can be found at www.scapayments.com. Early registration discounts are available through March 18.
“There’s a remarkable amount of change and innovation impacting the industry right now with the steady increase of chip-on-chip transactions, an influx of mobile payment solutions, and a new sense of consumer interest in different ways to pay. But there’s still a significant road ahead to reach widespread adoption,” said Randy Vanderhoof, executive director of the Smart Card Alliance. “The Payments Summit has become the event stakeholders look forward to every year to gain perspective on the unique U.S. payments market, and to find new ways to overcome industry-wide challenges and reach critical mass on these more secure and convenient emerging payment methods. By co-locating with the ICMA EXPO we have doubled the value for attendees who follow both organizations’ conferences.”
The three-day Payments Summit will begin with a keynote session, Designing Your Business for the 21st Century, by an internationally renowned futurist – Mike Walsh, CEO of Tomorrow, followed by industry experts from leading payments transaction infrastructures: EMV chip card payments, mobile payments, FinTech and transit payments. The opening day keynote presentations and discussion panel topics include:
- The Technology Forest: Issuers, Stakeholders, and Manufacturers, Oh My! – Barry Mosteller, director of Research and Development, CPI Card Group; David Tushie, owner, Magellan Consulting
- Payment Expert’s View on the Payments Evolution – Panelists: Bill Gajda, vice president of Innovation and Strategic Partnerships, Visa; John Drechny, senior director of Payment Services, Walmart; Robert Carr, CEO and chairman, Heartland Payment Systems
- Digital Payments Services Enabling Next Generation Payments – Matt Barr, group head of U.S. Emerging Payments, MasterCard
- mPOS: The New Face of Retail Point of Sale – Mark Schulze, head of App Development, Clover
- Transportation Payments in Hong Kong – Brian Chambers, managing director, Octopus International Projects LTD, Hong Kong
Attendees can build their own experience from other sessions scheduled throughout the conference by choosing between concurrent tracks on these topics:
- Payments Solutions and Mobile Payments. Innovative payments solutions are giving consumers more payment choices, from secure EMV contact and contactless chip payments to new mobile wallets. Attendees will learn how to seize the opportunity to create a more secure, convenient and faster payments world with EMV, mobile and other innovative payments solutions.
- Transit Payments. Transit agencies big and small are using mobile technology and payments innovation to make mass transit and parking a lot more efficient and convenient. Attendees will discover how payments and transit converge to create a more seamless travel experience for all.
- FinTech. Attendees will learn how financial technology – also known as FinTech – is reinventing financial services as we know it and creating new opportunities for startups and established industry leaders alike.
- The Future of Payments. This session explores the advances is payments specifications and standards as well as new payments delivery systems and transaction models using cards, mobile phones, wearables and the Internet of Things.
- New Technology Innovation. Co-hosted by the Smart Card Alliance and ICMA, attendees will hear about tomorrow’s technology today from start-ups, financial technology companies, and innovators who will share details about their new materials, designs, and devices that will be coming to the market in the months and years ahead.
Pre-conference Workshop Details
The full-day pre-conference, interactive workshop on April 4, “The Changing Payments Landscape in the U.S.: Strategic Considerations for Issuers and Merchants,” will provide attendees with in-depth discussions of EMV with a U.S. migration status update, lessons learned and what to expect in the next wave of issuance and acceptance; securing mobile payments and ecommerce transactions; payments in the Internet of Things; and strategic considerations for payments industry stakeholders and perspectives on how to position to be successful with emerging payments technologies. In addition to the pre-conference workshop, the Smart Card Alliance will also offer a CSCIP/P training class.
About the Smart Card Alliance
The Smart Card Alliance is a not-for-profit, multi-industry association working to stimulate the understanding, adoption, use and widespread application of smart card technology.
Through specific projects such as education programs, market research, advocacy, industry relations and open forums, the Alliance keeps its members connected to industry leaders and innovative thought. The Alliance is the single industry voice for smart cards, leading industry discussion on the impact and value of smart cards in the U.S. and Latin America. For more information please visit http://www.securetechalliance.org.
Montner Tech PR