New Smart Card Alliance Board Members and Executive Leadership Announced for 2009
PRINCETON JUNCTION, N.J., October 30, 2008–The Smart Card Alliance today announced its 2008-2009 board and seven-member executive committee.
“The Smart Card Alliance is playing a significant role in influencing the smart card industry across government, enterprise, transit, payments and healthcare markets–all of which have seen remarkable growth this year,” said Randy Vanderhoof, executive director of the Smart Card Alliance. “The executive committee and board members represent leaders in each of these markets, and are key in determining the Alliance direction in the upcoming year.”
The Alliance board of directors held elections for the executive committee at the organization’s annual government conference this month in Washington, D.C. The executive committee will serve in a leadership role for the board and direct the activities of the executive director, the Alliance staff and the organization’s industry councils for the year ahead.
The elected executive committee is made up of the following board members:
- Chair, Greg Garback, returning to complete term of Chair
- Vice chair – Neville Pattinson, Gemalto
- Treasurer – Robert Merkert, Sr., CardLogix
- Secretary – Linda Brown, Infineon Technologies
- Assistant treasurer – Willy Dommen, Booz Allen Hamilton
- Technology vice chair – Roger Roehr, Tyco International
“The new executive committee and Alliance board are looking forward to
working with Randy Vanderhoof and our fellow Alliance members in a wide
variety of programs to promote smart card technology for applications that
require information privacy and data security,” said returning board of
directors chair Greg Garback. “We are also looking forward to adding to the Alliance’s large library of educational materials that benefit the industry as a whole.”
Other newly elected or returning members to the Alliance board are:
- Bray Becker, Lockheed Martin
- Iana Bohmer, Northrop Grumman Corporation
- Bob Gilson, U.S. Department of Defense/Defense Manpower Data Center
- Dale Grogan, SMART Association, Inc.
- Wendy Humphrey, First Data Corporation
- Bryan Ichikawa, Unisys
- Christian Juettner, Giesecke & Devrient
- John McKeon, IBM
- Carey Miller, BearingPoint
- Ken Moy, MasterCard Worldwide
- Liane Redford, Visa, Inc.
- Garfield Smith, Oberthur Technologies
About the Smart Card Alliance
The Smart Card Alliance is a not-for-profit, multi-industry association working to stimulate the understanding, adoption, use and widespread application of smart card technology. Through specific projects such as education programs, market research, advocacy, industry relations and open forums, the Alliance keeps its members connected to industry leaders and innovative thought. Alliance Councils work on specific areas of interest to member organizations; participation is open to any member who wishes to contribute to Council projects. The Alliance is the single industry voice for smart cards, leading industry discussion on the impact and value of smart cards in the U.S. and Latin America. For more information please visit http://www.securetechalliance.org.