New Smart Card Alliance Board Members and Executive Leadership Announced for 2010
8th Annual Smart Cards in Government Conference, Washington, DC, October 28, 2009–The Smart Card Alliance today announced its 2009-2010 board and seven-member executive committee. Elections were held during the 8th Annual Smart Cards in Government Conference, taking place this week through October 30th at the Washington DC Convention Center.
“The executive committee and board members will be leading the Alliance in what is sure to be an exciting year for the smart card industry,” said Randy Vanderhoof, executive director of the Smart Card Alliance. “With all of the advances in identity, especially in healthcare and cybersecurity, and in financial and transit payments, we expect the coming year to be full of news, white papers, web seminars, and conferences educating on the use of smart card technology in these applications.”
The Smart Card Alliance elected executive committee is made up of the following board members:
- Chair – Neville Pattinson, Gemalto
- Vice chair – Bryan Ichikawa, Unisys
- Treasurer – Bob Merkert, CardLogix
- Secretary – Wendy Humphrey, First Data Corporation
- Assistant treasurer – Willy Dommen, Booz Allen Hamilton
- Assistant Secretary – John McKeon, IBM
- Technology Vice Chair – Bob Gilson, U.S. Department of Defense/Defense Manpower Data Center
“The new executive committee and Alliance board is excited to work alongside Randy Vanderhoof and the Alliance membership this year to tackle the issues of an ever-advancing industry, and provide best practices on the use of smart card technology for information privacy and security across government, enterprise, transit, payments and healthcare markets,” said new Chair Neville Pattinson, Gemalto.
Other newly elected or returning members to the Alliance board:
- Brian Russell, Giesecke & Devrient
- Linda Brown, Infineon Technologies
- Roland Fournier, L1 Identity Solutions
- Dale Grogan, LifeMed
- Bray Becker, Lockheed Martin
- Ken Moy, MasterCard Worldwide
- Iana Bohmer, Northrop Grumman
- Garfield Smith, Oberthur Technology
- Stafford Mahfouz, Tyco Software House
- Simon Hurry, Visa
- Greg Garback, chair emeritus observing member
Follow the Smart Card Alliance on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SmartCardOrgUSA. Get up to the minute updates on the 8th Annual Smart Cards in Government Conference, or tweet your own news from the event, using #scgc09. To join the Smart Card Alliance Facebook page, visit http://tiny.cc/zAuQY.
About the Smart Card Alliance
The Smart Card Alliance is a not-for-profit, multi-industry association working to stimulate the understanding, adoption, use and widespread application of smart card technology.
Through specific projects such as education programs, market research, advocacy, industry relations and open forums, the Alliance keeps its members connected to industry leaders and innovative thought. The Alliance is the single industry voice for smart cards, leading industry discussion on the impact and value of smart cards in the U.S. and Latin America. For more information please visit http://www.securetechalliance.org.