Welcome New Certification Recipients
Congratulations to the following individuals who recently received their CSEIP certification credentials.
- Steve Bowen, Eid Passport Inc
- Johnny E. Caldwell, Johnson Controls
- Malcolm Ceasar, Global Networks Inc
- Tachung Chang, Integrated Security Technologies, Inc.
- Jesse Devitte, XTec, Incorporated
- Colin Doniger, DHS OCSO
- Jason Goodloe, XTec, Incorporated
- Donald Hamilton, Department of Homeland Security
- Brian Havecost, Signet
- David Helbock, XTec, Incorporated
- Bryan Ichikawa, Deloitte
- Jorge A. Lozano, Condortech Services, Inc.
- Michael Margolis, Integrated Security Technologies, Inc.
- Marcus Mathis, Security Install Solutions
- Doug Ritchey, Communications Resource Inc.
- Miguel Rojas
- Andres Handal, Condortech Services, Inc.
- John Schiefer, X-Tec, Incorporated
- Sean Schutte, X-Tec, Incorporated
- Blake Smith,Gallagher Group Limited
- Lars Suneborn, Smart Card Alliance
- Donald Thomas, Stanley Black & Decker
- Galen Weimer, Communications Resource Inc
- Shawn Zartman, Integrated Security Technologies, Inc.
The Smart Card Alliance Mobile and NFC Council published a new white paper, Host Card Emulation (HCE) 101 in August 2014. The white paper provides an educational resource on HCE, describing what it is, how it’s used, how it compares with the secure-element-based card emulation approach, what key considerations are for payment applications, and what security aspects should be considered for HCE-enabled applications.
The video recording of the Smart Card Alliance 2014 NFC Solutions Summit workshop, “NFC Mobile Security Approaches and Business Applications,” is now posted for LEAP member access. This workshop includes in-depth educational sessions on NFC mobile security approaches and the security considerations for different business applications. The workshop covers the fundamentals of NFC; security approaches using the Trusted Execution Environment (TEE), secure element and HCE; the use of NFC mobile devices for payments, identity and access control, and other applications; the role of the various RF technologies supported by mobile phones for different applications.
CSCIP Upcoming Training and Exam Dates
If you are planning on taking the training and/or exam, make sure to save the date and set up a reminder in your calendar to register.
- CSCIP and CSCIP/G – October 28 (training class), October 29 (exam); Washington DC (Smart Card Alliance Government Conference)
- CSCIP, CSCIP/G and CSCIP/P – December 7 (training class), December 8 (exam); Orlando, FL (Smart Card Alliance Member Meeting)
Visit the CSCIP portion of the website for more information.
CSEIP Upcoming Training and Exam Dates
This three-day course includes two full days of training, with the exam held on the third and final day. All courses will be held in Gaithersburg, MD, about 30 minutes from Washington, DC.
- CSEIP Training and Exam – October 21-23
- CSEIP Training and Exam – November 18-20
- CSEIP Training and Exam – December 16-18
Download the CSEIP application – Fillable Word Form, PDF
Visit the CSEIP portion of the website for more information.
See Who Is Certified
View the complete list of CSCIP and CSEIP members. You can sort the list by individual name, company name, or date of certification.
Are you a LEAP member or CSCIP/CSEIP certified and can’t remember your password to log in to the members-only section of our website? (Hint: your user name is your email address.) If you can’t locate it, please email Nicole Lauzon for assistance.
Promote Your Certification
If you have a CSCIP or CSEIP designation, be sure to promote your certification in your signature in all of your email and hard copy correspondence, as well as on business cards and letterhead. If you need a copy of a specific logo credential, please email Shelbey Votapek to request one.