Smart Card Alliance 2017 Payments Summit Keynote Speakers to Give Deep Dive into EMV, Mobile, IoT, Transit Payments
Highly-anticipated payments event heads to Orlando in March, early registration discounts available through March 4
Princeton Junction, N.J., February 28, 2017 – What are the latest trends in U.S. payments? What is the status of the U.S. EMV migration? What does the future hold for mobile and contactless payments? How will the Internet of Things (IoT) impact the payments landscape? Top-level payments executives from the EMV, mobile, transportation and IoT industries will answer these questions and more at the Smart Card Alliance’s 2017 Payments Summit, coming to Orlando this March.
The 10th Annual Payments Summit will be held March 27-30, 2017 at the Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld® in Orlando, Florida. This year’s event will mark the second time that the Smart Card Alliance and the International Card Manufacturing Association (ICMA) are co-locating events, giving attendees a broader perspective from the core manufacturing and personalization of a card to the rapid evolution in secure payments. The co-located event will include a joint exhibit hall, as well as multiple educational tracks open to attendees from both events. Agenda topics, registration, exhibition and sponsorship details can be found at www.scapayments.com. Early registration discounts are available through March 4th.
“The Payments Summit is the event payments stakeholders look forward to every year because it brings together like-minded individuals looking to find new ways to overcome challenges impacting the adoption, security and usability of emerging and developing payments technologies,” said Randy Vanderhoof, executive director of the Smart Card Alliance. “This is the only event that provides a deep dive into all things payments to give attendees practical and useable guidance to move implementations of payments technologies forward. This year we’re anticipating presenters to delve into hot topics like EMV, mobile, IoT and transit payments.”
The Payments Summit will kick off with keynote sessions featuring industry experts from leading payments transaction infrastructures: EMV chip card payments, mobile payments, IoT and transit payments. The opening day keynote presentations and discussion panel topics include:
- Visa Everywhere Initiative. Turning Commerce Ideas into Reality – Shiv Singh, Senior Vice President, Digital & Marketing Transformation, Visa
- Samsung Pay, How Innovation Becomes Mainstream in Payments – Marc Keller, Head of FI Strategy & Partnerships, Samsung Pay
- Universal Commerce and Its Implications for Retailers – Marianne Johnson, Senior Vice President, Network & Security Solutions Products & Innovation, First Data
- Demystifying the Internet of Things Opportunity – Stephane Wyper, Senior Vice President, Internet of Things Partnerships, Mastercard
- Technology Changes in the Transaction Processing World – Jason Oxman, CEO, Electronic Transaction Association
- Aligning the Payments Industry for a Secure Digital World – Randy Vanderhoof, Executive Director, Smart Card Alliance and U.S. Payments Forum
- Keynote Roundtable Session: Smart Cities and Multimodal Transit Payments Convergence – Panelists: Mike Dinning, Department of Transportation-Volpe Center; Fred Wedley, CH2M & Transit CIO Consortium; Willy Dommen, Accenture
- Keynote Roundtable Session U.S. Payments Forum Roundtable: EMV and the Future of Payments Moderator: Randy Vanderhoof, U.S. Payments Forum; Panelists: Karen Czack, American Express; Ellie Smith, Discover; Steven Cole, Vantiv; Jack Jania, Gemalto; Barry Hanen, Walgreens; Allen Friedman, Ingenico
Attendees can build their own experience from other sessions scheduled throughout the conference by choosing between concurrent tracks on these topics:
- Payments Solutions. Innovative payments solutions are giving consumers more payment choices, from secure EMV contact and contactless chip payments to new mobile wallets. Attendees will learn how to seize the opportunity to create a more secure, convenient and faster payments world with EMV, mobile and other innovative payments solutions.
- Payments Technology. This track’s sessions will cover the market’s hot technologies, including biometrics, HCE and other hardware and software solutions, and reviews standards and technologies used for securing IoT, wearables and multi-channel payments.
- Transportation Payments. Transit agencies big and small are using mobile technology and payments innovation to make mass transit and parking a lot more efficient and convenient. Attendees will discover how payments and transit converge to create a more seamless travel experience for all.
- The Future of Payments. This track will explore the advances in payments specifications and standards as well as new payments delivery systems and transaction models using cards, mobile phones, wearables and the IoT.
- New Technology Innovation. Co-hosted by the Smart Card Alliance and ICMA, attendees will hear about tomorrow’s technology today from start-ups, financial technology companies, and innovators who will share details about their new materials, designs, and devices that will be coming to the market in the months and years ahead.
Ahead of the conference, the Smart Card Alliance’s other payments-focused organization, the U.S. Payments Forum, will hold its quarterly members-only meeting on March 27-28 at the same venue. U.S. Payments Forum members are encouraged to attend both events.
For continuing updates on the Payments Summit, visit www.scapayments.com, follow @SmartCardOrgUSA on Twitter and use #PaymentsSummit to participate in the conversation.
About the Smart Card Alliance
The Smart Card Alliance is a not-for-profit, multi-industry association working to stimulate the understanding, adoption, use and widespread application of smart card technology.
Through specific projects such as education programs, market research, advocacy, industry relations and open forums, the Alliance keeps its members connected to industry leaders and innovative thought. The Alliance is the single industry voice for smart cards, leading industry discussion on the impact and value of smart cards in the U.S. and Latin America. For more information please visit http://www.securetechalliance.org.
Montner Tech PR