Smart Card Alliance Announces New Board Leadership for 2005
SAN FRANCISCO, Oct. 19 /PRNewswire/, Smart Card Alliance Annual Conference–The Smart Card Alliance today announced new board of directors members and its seven-member 2005 executive committee. The Alliance’s new board of directors held elections of its executive committee at the organization’s annual conference in San Francisco. The executive committee will lead and direct Alliance activities for the year ahead.
“This is an exciting time for this organization and this industry,” said returning board of directors chair Kevin Gillick, head of corporate marketing, Datacard Group. “The Alliance members and board will work together with Randy Vanderhoof, our energetic and very capable executive director, to expand our programs aimed at advancing the use of smart card technology in both existing and new markets.”
The executive committee includes the following board members:
- Chair, Kevin Gillick, head of corporate marketing, Datacard Group
- Vice chair, Linda Brown, manager, business development, Infineon Technologies
- Treasurer, Robert Wilberger, identity management solutions, Northrop Grumman, who was re-elected to the board this year
- Secretary, Mark McGovern, chief technologist information assurance, Lockheed Martin Information Systems, a newly elected board member
- Assistant treasurer, Alison Colquhoun, corporate vice president, new business development, First Data Corporation, who was re-elected to the board this year
- Assistant secretary, Alex Giakoumis, director of corporate business development, smart card and secure microcontroller ICs, Atmel Corporation
- Technology vice chair, Gilles Lisimaque, senior vice president and co-founder, Gemplus
The four other members newly elected or re-elected to the 18-member board include:
- Patrick Gauthier, senior vice president, new business development, Visa USA
- Julie Krueger, vice president emerging technology, JCB International Credit Card Co.
- Ken Moy, vice president, ecommerce, MasterCard International
- Chuck Wilson, senior director, Hitachi Smart Solutions Division
- Ralph Billeri, senior manager, BearingPoint, Inc.–representing general membership
Other returning board members are:
- Paul Beverly, president, Axalto Americas
- Bryan Ichikawa, solutions architect, Unisys
- Robert Merkert, Sr., director strategic accounts, PC Security Division, SCM Microsystems, Inc.
- Michael Weekes, principal, IBM Global Smart Card Solutions
Other observing board members are:
- Transit industry, Gregory Garback, WMATA
- Government, John Moore, GSA
The board’s priorities for 2005 include: addressing how smart cards resolve growing public security and privacy concerns; continued cross-industry discussions on common business applications and technology standards; and industry discussions on issues that influence the accelerated adoption of smart cards in North America.
The executive committee election was held during the Alliance’s 12th annual conference, where smart card industry leaders gathered to discuss “Evolution Through Innovation.” The focus of the conference is the many ways smart cards have evolved as a result of technology innovation. The three-day agenda features expert speakers and panels including users, vendors and analysts who will discuss the industry triumphs and challenges and project the future of smart cards as a platform for innovation and business growth.
Smart card-based systems verify, authenticate, and protect a cardholder’s identity and personal information and are used worldwide for secure identification, payment, transit and mobile telecommunications applications by major financial institutions, retailers, government and healthcare organizations and enterprises. More information is available at http://www.securetechalliance.org.
About the Smart Card Alliance
The Smart Card Alliance is a not-for-profit, multi-industry association working to accelerate the acceptance of smart card technology. Through specific projects such as education programs, market research, advocacy, industry relations and open forums, the Alliance keeps its members connected to industry leaders and innovative thought. The Alliance is the single industry voice for smart cards, leading industry discussion on the impact and value of smart cards in the U.S. For more information please visit http://www.securetechalliance.org.