Smart Card Alliance Board Members and Executive Leadership Announced for 2011
9th Annual Smart Cards in Government Conference, Washington, DC, November 18, 2010–The Smart Card Alliance today announced its 2010-2011 board and seven-member executive committee. Elections were held during the 9th Annual Smart Cards in Government: Identity, Security & Healthcare Conference, taking place this week through November 19th at the Washington DC Convention Center.
“The executive committee and board members are the experts that guide all of the Smart Card Alliance strategy, events and education and outreach activities,” said Randy Vanderhoof, executive director of the Smart Card Alliance. “Working with such an esteemed group of individuals allows the Alliance to continue fulfilling its role as a trusted source of information to promote adoption of smart card technology.”
The Smart Card Alliance elected executive committee is made up of the following board members:
- Chair – Neville Pattinson, Gemalto
- Vice chair – Bryan Ichikawa, Unisys
- Treasurer – Willy Dommen, Booz Allen Hamilton
- Secretary – Garfield Smith, Oberthur Technologies
- Assistant treasurer – Brian Russell, Giesecke & Devrient
- Technology Vice Chair – John McKeon, IBM
“Working with such a diverse group of people across government, enterprise, transit, payments and healthcare markets allows for an exceptional exchange of ideas and best practices. This unique collaboration allows us to provide practical guidance on the use of smart card technology for information privacy and security across all applications,” said Chair Neville Pattinson, Gemalto.
Other newly elected or returning members to the Alliance board:
- Bray Becker, Lockheed Martin
- Linda Brown, Infineon Technologies
- Matt Calman, Bank of America
- Clair Fiet, Utah Transit Authority (Observing Government Board Seat – Transit)
- Roland Fournier, L-1 Identity Solutions
- Greg Garback, Consultant
- Bob Gilson, U.S. Department of Defense/Defense Manpower Data Center (Observing
Government Board Seat)
- Dale Grogan, LifeMed, Inc.
- Simon Hurry, Visa, Inc.
- Oliver Manahan, MasterCard Worldwide
- Dom Morea, First Data
- Keith Ward, Northrop Grumman
About the Smart Card Alliance
The Smart Card Alliance is a not-for-profit, multi-industry association working to stimulate the understanding, adoption, use and widespread application of smart card technology.
Through specific projects such as education programs, market research, advocacy, industry relations and open forums, the Alliance keeps its members connected to industry leaders and innovative thought. The Alliance is the single industry voice for smart cards, leading industry discussion on the impact and value of smart cards in the U.S. and Latin America. For more information please visit http://www.securetechalliance.org.