Smart Card Alliance Brings PIV Cards to Life with End-to-End Demonstration, Panel at ISC West 2008
Princeton Junction, NJ, March 25, 2008–Discussing and demonstrating the issuance, personalization and use of dual-interface FIPS 201 Personal Identity Verification (PIV) cards is the focus of the Smart Card Alliance’s presence at ISC West, April 2nd–4th at the Sands Expo and Convention Center in Las Vegas.
“The past three years have been years of tremendous change for the federal government, in terms of moving to a common credential–the PIV card–for both physical access control and information security,” said Randy Vanderhoof, executive director of the Smart Card Alliance. “The Alliance Physical Access Council is providing extensive resources, including multiple demonstrations, at ISC West that can guide attendees through their own FIPS 201 implementations.”
Smart Card Alliance booth #26148 will feature “FIPS 201–Coming to Life,” an end-to-end dual-interface FIPS 201 PIV card demonstration. Featuring products and services from Smart Card Alliance members, the demonstration highlights PIV card interoperability and includes:
- SI Interational, demonstrating the integrated FIPS 201 process for enrolling, issuing, personalizing and authenticating PIV cards.
- ActivIdentity, demonstrating PIV card management and use with logical access applications.
- Hirsch Electronics, demonstrating PIV card access registration, enrollment, and use in physical access control systems.
- Tyco, demonstrating physical access control system use with a multi-technology reader, reading both the PIV card and legacy proximity card technologies.
- CoreStreet, demonstrating secure mobile authentication and validation for PIV cards and PIV card use for physical access.
In addition, members of the Smart Card Alliance Physical Access Council are participating in a panel, “HSPD-12 Physical Security Migration Strategy,” on Wednesday April 2nd from 3:00 to 4:00 p.m. Physical Access Council presenters are Roger Roehr, Tyco Fire and Security; Bob Gilson, Defense Manpower Data Center; and Lars Suneborn, Hirsch Electronics Corporation.
Over 25 Smart Card Alliance members are exhibiting at ISC West, demonstrating a full range of products to implement smart card-based physical and logical access systems. The Physical Access Council will also hold an in-person meeting at the event.
About the Smart Card Alliance
The Smart Card Alliance is a not-for-profit, multi-industry association working to stimulate the understanding, adoption, use and widespread application of smart card technology.
Through specific projects such as education programs, market research, advocacy, industry relations and open forums, the Alliance keeps its members connected to industry leaders and innovative thought. The Alliance is the single industry voice for smart cards, leading industry discussion on the impact and value of smart cards in the U.S. and Latin America. For more information please visit http://www.securetechalliance.org.