The Smart Card Forum Appoints New Board Members
The Smart Card Forum Appoints New Board Members to Help Accelerate Forum Membership, Enhance Forum Services in the Coming Year
NEW YORK, New York, September 12, 2000–The Smart Card Forum (SCF), a multi-industry organization working to accelerate the widespread acceptance and application of smart card technology, today announced new board members for the 2000-2001 year.
Following are the new Principal Board members that have been elected beginning September 2000:
- Thierry Burgess, Executive Vice President, Oberthur Card Systems
- Peter Cerra, Vice President, Product Management, Identrus LLC
- Gilles Lisimaque, Chief Technology Officer, Gemplus
- Sandy Morris, Vice President, North America eBusiness Group, MasterCard Internationalv
- Jim Parker, Vice President, Chase.com, The Chase Manhattan Bank
- Charles Walton, Vice President PKI Services, Securify
Elected to represent the Auditing Membership on the board is:
- Kirk Brafford, Principal Consultant, F.I. Group Inc.
“We welcome these new board members as they join the Forum team,” said President & CEO of the Smart Card Forum, Donna Farmer, “this is an exciting time for the industry and for the Forum as we continue to grow and offer new services to our members. I look forward to working together for another successful year.” These new Board members join the following Board members whose term carries over from the previous year:
- William Barr, Telcordia Technologies
- Alan Bondzio, Worldcom
- Louis Gasparini, @Home Network
- Patrick Gauthier, Visa USA
- Kevin Gillick, Datacard
- Allen Gilstrap, American Express Services Europe, Ltd.
- Ann Kennedy, First data Corp
- Tambra Nichols, Wachovia Bank
- William Randle, eHuntington National Bank
- Randy Vanderhoof, First Access, Inc.
- Jody Zimmerman, Motorola
About the Smart Card Forum
The Smart Card Forum is a non-profit, multi-industry organization of nearly 200 members working to accelerate the widespread acceptance of multi-application smart card technology by bringing together, in an open forum, leading users and technologists from both the public and private sectors. Established in 1993, the Forum includes representatives from leading companies in the banking, financial services, telecommunications, computer, technology, healthcare, retail and entertainment industries as well as government agencies and prominent universities. The Smart Card Forum also operates the Smart Card Educational Institute, the industry leading course dedicated to providing smart card education that has set the standard in the industry. The curriculum is based on leading edge education models and methodologies utilizing experienced instructors who are experts in the smart card industry. The Smart Card Forum is the leading organization for education and awareness in the development of the smart card. For more information about The Smart Card Forum, log on to the organization’s Web site at http://www.smartcardforum.org.