Welcome to the Smart Card Alliance Training and Certification newsletter, a quarterly update distributed to members of the Smart Card Alliance Leadership, Education and Advancement Program (LEAP), CSEIP and CSCIP recipients. Please visit the LEAP,CSCIP, CSEIP portions of our website for news and updates. Thank you for your membership and interest, and please email us with any suggestions for future content.
Welcome New Certification Recipients
Congratulations to the following individuals who recently received their certification credentials.
- Brent Arnold, XTec, Incorporated
- Matthew Ernst, XTec, Incorporated
- Thomas Keady, ICF International
- Stephen Mergens, XTec, Incorporated
- Rishi Purohit, ICF International
- Zachary Smith, SAIC
- Sanjay Varghese, Capgemini Financial Services
- Art Grijalva, TSYS
- Jin Hwan, TSYS
- Jacob Cangelosi, Secure Mission Solutions
- Richard Case, Systems Engineering, Inc.
- Christopher Downey, Stanley Security
- Rob Edwards, Vision Technologies Inc.
- Patrick Finnegan, Identiv
- Mike Ford, Apex Integrated Security Solutions, Inc.
- Carlos Gaskin, Chenega
- Eric Grist, S2 Security
- Roy Hayes, Systems Engineering, Inc.
- Charles Johnson, Johnson Controls
- Sean Mahoney – DHS-U.S. Customs and Border Protection
- Corey McKinney, Identiv
- Brian Mooney, Genesis Security Systems, LLC
- Robert Rolfsen, Johnson Controls
- Job Rushdan, Diamond Security Inc.Jesse Tatum, Chenega
- Brian Thompson, Global Networks, Inc.
- William Windsor, Department of Homeland Security
Training Module Updates
All CSCIP/G and CSCIP/P body of knowledge Training Modules were updated in May and June, with updated modules posted on the CSCIP/P and CSCIP/G pages. These updated Training Modules will be used as the basis for all training courses and exams going forward, so please be sure to download the new documents, review the summary of changes document, and review the new content to prepare for the exams. Updates to the CSCIP Training Modules will be posted in early August.
Upcoming Training and Exam Dates – CSCIP
If you are planning on taking the training and/or exam, make sure to save the date and set up a reminder in your calendar to register. If your company is interested in hosting a corporate exam, let us know.
- CSCIP and CSCIP/G Training and Exam, October 4 (training) and October 5 (exam), Phoenix, AZ, 2015 Smart Card Alliance Member Meeting
- CSCIP/P Training and Exam, October 6 (training) and October 7 (exam), Phoenix, AZ, 2015 NFC Solutions Summit
Visit the CSCIP portion of the website for more information.
Upcoming Training and Exam Dates – CSEIP
Several sessions have been scheduled for this three-day course, which includes two days of training, with the exam scheduled for the third and final day. The trainings will be held in Gaithersburg, MD, about 30 minutes from Washington, DC. Courses fill up quickly so if you’re interested, sign up today.
- CSEIP Training and Exam – Aug. 11-13, 2015, Gaithersburg, MD
- CSEIP Training and Exam – Sept. 1-3, 2015, Gaithersburg, MD
- CSEIP Training and Exam – Sept. 22-24, 2015, Gaithersburg, MD
- CSEIP Training and Exam – Oct. 13-15, 2015, Denver, CO
- CSEIP Training and Exam – Oct. 27-19, 2015, Gaithersburg, MD
- CSEIP Training and Exam – Nov. 17-19, 2015, Gaithersburg, MD
- CSEIP Training and Exam – Dec. 8-11, 2015, Gaithersburg, MD
Visit the CSEIP portion of the website for more information.
New Website Launched
The EMV Migration Forum collaborated with the Payments Security Task Force to develop and launch the new GoChipCard.com web site. GoChipCard.com was designed for consumers, merchants and issuers to provide easy-to-use and simple resources, and consistent messages about chip cards and their use.
Smart Card Alliance Educational Institute workshops that are held at Alliance events are recorded and made available exclusively for LEAP members. Check the LEAP members-only web site to access recordings of our 2015 workshops:
We encourage you to take a look at the many educational resources available to you, including white papers and webinars from the Smart Card Alliance and the EMV Migration Forum. Check out some recent offerings produced by the Smart Card Alliance Councils and EMV Migration Forum Working Committees:
- Host Card Emulation, one-hour webinar recording available from the Mobile & NFC Council
- EMV and Parking, a white paper produced by the Transportation Council in partnership with the International Parking Institute (IPI)
- Implementing EMV at the ATM, an updated white paper published by the EMV Migration Forum’s ATM Working Committee
- The EMV Migration Forum Communications & Education Working Committee resource, Implementing EMV in the U.S.: How the U.S. Common Debit AIDs Facilitate Debit Transaction Routing and Ensure Durbin Compliance, a presentation and recording that provides a simple overview of U.S. common debit AIDs and the impact on EMV adoption in the U.S.
- Near-Term Solutions to Address the Growing Threat of Card-Not-Present Fraud, an educational white paper on existing best practices for authentication methods and fraud tools to secure the CNP channel
- A series of chip education webcasts for U.S. value added resellers, independent software vendors and merchants, produced by the Forum in collaboration with the Payments Security Task Force
- U.S. Debit EMV Technical Proposal, an updated white paper that incorporates a new addendum on U.S. Common Debit Contactless Acceptance
- Understanding the 2015 U.S. Fraud Liability Shifts white paper on counterfeit and lost or stolen liability shifts to assist merchants, acquirers, processors and others implementing EMV chip technology in the U.S. with their migration
See Who Is Certified
View the complete list of CSCIP and CSEIP members. You can sort the list by individual name, company name, or date of certification.
Are you a LEAP member or CSCIP/CSEIP certified and can’t remember your password to log in to the members-only section of our website? (Hint: your user name is your email address.) If you can’t locate it, please email Nicole Lauzon for assistance.
Promote Your Certification
If you have a CSCIP or CSEIP designation, be sure to promote your certification in your signature in all of your email and hard copy correspondence, as well as on business cards and letterhead. If you need a copy of a specific logo credential, please email Shelbey Votapek to request one.