Chairman of the Board, Secure Technology Alliance Board of Directors
Jack Jania, Chairman, Secure Technology Alliance
Jack Jania is Vice President of Product Management and Innovation at CPI Group. He consults with the financial industry on best business strategies to employ mobile payment, smart card payment and data security solutions. In addition to supporting CPI’s innovation and security objectives, Jack is committed to consumer education and digital security advocacy. In addition to his position as co-chair of the Alliance, Jack has chaired the Payments Council for several years.
Email: [email protected]
Jason Bohrer has served as the Executive Director for the Secure Technology Alliance and the U.S. Payments Forum since December 2020. Prior to joining the Alliance and the Forum, Mr. Bohrer cultivated a successful 27-year career in domestic and global roles focused on sales, operations and product innovation at companies such as: CPI Card Group, HID Global and Motorola, Inc. He has been actively involved with several key technology transitions across multiple industries including the contact and contactless EMV transitions in the U.S. payments industry and the adoption of smart card and mobile technologies in the global access and identity market. He has a Bachelors degree in Economics from the University of Texas at Austin and was also an inaugural member of the University of Chicago Executive Institute.
Board of Directors
- Chairman: Jack Jania, CPI Card Group
- Treasurer: Brent Bowen, G&D Mobile Security
- Assistant Treasurer: David Dekozan, Cubic Transportation Systems
- Secretary: Megan Heinze, IDEMIA
- Assistant Secretary: Elinor Smith, Discover Financial Services
- Technology Vice Chair: Thomas Lockwood, NextgenID
- Reena Abraham, Gemalto
- Ryan Ahern, Ingenico
- Tim Baldridge, U.S. Department of Defense/Defense Manpower Data Center
- Brent Bowen, G+D Mobile Security
- David Dekozan, Cubic Transportation Systems
- Megan Heinze, IDEMIA
- Soumya Dev Chakrabarty, JCB International
- Simon Hurry, Visa Inc.
- Jack Jania, CPI Card Group
- Preeti Kanwal, American Express
- Thomas Lockwood, NextgenID, Inc.
- Arnaud Moser, Infineon Technologies
- Brin Owen, Jacobs CH2M
- Elinor Smith, Discover Financial Services
- Seckin Yilgoren, Mastercard
- Mike Yu, UnionPay
Debra (Deb) Ferril
Director, Membership & Marketing
Debra (Deb) Ferril has served as Director of Membership and Marketing for the Secure Technology Alliance and US Payments Forum since June 1, 2021. Prior to joining the Alliance and Forum, Ms. Ferril built a successful 40-year career in sales, product management, marketing, and operations. Beginning in the computer industry with secure communication systems, the past 30 years she has been involved in the card, identification, and security industries at IdentiSys and Datacard. With extensive experience in channel, partner, and alliance management, she has been actively involved in creating and implementing multi-application smart card, access control, card and identity lifecycle management, and identity access management solutions in the U.S. and globally. Following undergraduate studies in Journalism at the University of Texas at Austin and Business Administration at Capella University, she has a Master’s degree in International Business from Cumbria University, and Executive Education Certificates in Strategy & Innovation and Management & Leadership from Massachusetts Institute of Technology.