TWIC Security Certified Identification Professional
The Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC®) program is a Transportation Security Administration and U.S. Coast Guard initiative in the United States. The TWIC program provides a tamper-resistant biometric credential to maritime workers requiring unescorted access to secure areas of port facilities and vessels regulated under the Maritime Transportation Security Act of 2002 and all U.S. Coast Guard credentialed merchant mariners. Those seeking unescorted access to secure areas aboard affected vessels, and all Coast Guard credentialed merchant mariners, must obtain a TWIC.
TSCIP (Transportation Security Certified Identification Professional) is the industry’s only standardized certification program recognizing professionals with knowledge and experience in advanced TWIC card implementation for access security. This certification program is geared specifically to professionals focused on administering U.S. government-specific security programs for anyone who needs access to secure areas of maritime facility or vessel. Certification in any field provides value. With the TSCIP credential, you are immediately recognized for having the most up-to-date knowledge of TWIC card identity and access control technology and for demonstrating your commitment to proper security implementation. The designation distinguishes you as a certified professional with knowledge of current TWIC card technology, access control readers, and best practices for securing maritime facilities and vessels.
The program includes instructor-led training as well as hands-on practical exercises, and will consist of:
- A comprehensive set of course materials addressing how TWIC works, how PKI is managed within the system and how TWIC credentials interface with the physical access control system (PACS) system
- Hands-on training that provides real-world set up, testing and configuration of TWIC-enabled access control features
- Security benefits and enhancements that TWIC offers to Port Operators, TSA and Coast Guard
- How TWIC is used in modes with local PACS
- How TWIC is used in modes with no PACS required
- Acceptance test of installed PACS
- Printed student guide manual
- TWIC-enabled PACS with best practice configuration steps tested and documented in the student guides
- TWIC test cards (suite of four) for use during hands-on portion of class, and for future use to troubleshoot installed systems
TWIC Certification Benefits
Certification in any field provides value. With the TSCIP credential, you will:
- Gain experience and knowledge about using TWIC biometric ID cards and access readers
- Learn to properly incorporate TWIC readers into your access control infrastructure
- Demonstrate professional experience and commitment to excellence with your certification
Who Should be Certified?
This certification is geared specifically to professionals focused on administering U.S. government-specific security programs for anyone who needs access to secure areas of maritime facility or vessel. Members, employees and other professionals involved in the following lines of business and jobs are the ideal recipients of the certification:
- The Transportation Security Administration TWIC Program Office
- The U.S. Coast Guard
- Maritime Facilities Management
- Maritime Security Facility Officers / Port Police
- Maritime Facilities PACS Integrators / Vendors
Application for TSCIP Training and Certification
To be credentialed as a TSCIP, you must be eligible* for the certification, complete an application, attend the program and pass the written and practice certification exams.
*Eligibility is geared specifically to professionals focused on administering U.S. government-specific security programs for anyone who needs access to secure areas of maritime facility or vessel
The TSCIP program cost per person is $995. The fee includes the one-day training program and written exam.
TSCIP Program Dates
Unless otherwise noted, all TSCIP training classes are held at The Training Center at Identification Technology Partners
Identity Technology Partners, Inc. 12 S Summit Ave #110, Gaithersburg, MD 20877
- June 23, 2023
- October 20, 2023
For information on how to apply and course dates, please contact Jay Armocilla.