Hypercom’s Optimum Joins Visa Smart Breakthrough Acceptance Device Program, Accelerating Move to EMV Migration
Hypercom Solution Combines Cost, Performance, Security
Hypercom Corporation (NYSE: HYC) announced today that its multi-application Optimum™ T2100 card payment terminal has joined the Visa Smart Breakthrough Acceptance Device Program and is available for immediate shipment. The multi-application Optimum T2100 is expected to facilitate and accelerate worldwide EMV migration by delivering a compact, high-speed, easy-use device to retail countertops throughout Europe, Latin America and Asia.
Specific features that led Visa to promote the Optimum T2100 include:
- High-speed transactions based on a 32-bit RISC processor with 12 megabytes of memory.
- Printer with drop-in loading and speeds of 15 lines per second (lps), including graphics, faster than the standard 12.5 lps without graphics.
- High contrast graphic LCD screen and large color-coded keypad with clear user prompts for fast data entry/key strokes.
- Dial, Ethernet and GPRS communications options to speed installation and ease migration.
- Stringent security achieving EMV 4.0 certification with secure casing, Visa PED certified, Triple DES and RSA cryptographic support to deliver the tightest security and durability.
- Compliance with British Disability Discrimination Act.
“With Hypercom’s extensive experience in EMV implementations, they were able to deliver real value in terms of bringing a chip-compliant point of sale device to market,” said Roger Swales, senior vice president of Global Acceptance & Operations, Visa International. “A compact, efficient terminal device will greatly advance our members’ efforts as they migrate to EMV.”
“Hypercom’s Optimum product portfolio gives us the unique ability to address each region’s individual requirements with the perfect balance of cost, performance and security, unlike others who take the ‘one size fits all’ approach,” said Guilherme Blumenthal, executive vice president of Sales & Operations, Hypercom Corporation. “The Optimum T2100’s high performance multi-application architecture gives business and organizations the solution they need to generate incremental revenues, build profits, embrace EMV devices and curb credit card fraud. Visa International’s inclusion of this device under the VSB Acceptance program emphasizes again our experience, commitment and leadership in EMV smart card-capable transaction products.”
About Hypercom (http://www.hypercom.com)
Widely recognized as the global payment technology innovator, Hypercom delivers complete card payment terminal, network access device, server and transaction networking solutions that help merchants and financial institutions generate revenues and increase profits. Hypercom’s card payment terminal, network and server solutions are leading the transformation of electronic payments in more than 100 countries. The company is headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona.