Infineon Secure Payment Solution is First to Receive Approval for Newest Visa Card Payment Software
El Segundo, CA, – August 9, 2018 – Infineon Technologies AG (FSE: IFX / OTCQX: IFNNY) today announced that its SECORA™ Pay platform is the first payment security solution to receive a Letter of Approval (LOA) for the recently introduced Visa Card VSDC 2.8.1g1 software applet. Payment card manufacturers and issuers using SECORA Pay can quickly receive VSDC 2.8.1g1 certification for new cards.
“This is truly a result of strong cooperation between Visa and Infineon, and will greatly benefit issuers and card vendors in the U.S. market,” noted Oliver Manahan, Director of Business Development in North America for Infineon’s payment solutions.
Infineon noted that Visa used the Infineon platform as the base for its own certification of the new “G1” applet, which was released in June. Designed and optimized for the U.S. & LATAM market, Visa’s VSDC 2.8.1g1 applet offers:
- Magnetic Stripe Data (MSD) for legacy MSD acceptance in the U.S.
- Better Multi-Access support than prior applets – specifically for the U.S. Debit market
- Personalization Compliance that matches Visa’s recommended U.S. Debit/ Credit/Prepaid dual-interface profiles
- Testing Compliance that matches Visa’s PVT and issuer host card testing
The combination of Infineon’s secure payment solution and Visa’s 2.8.1g1 applet meet the latest security standards for payment cards with the longest lifetime for Visa issuers. Infineon’s dual-interface payment solutions offer many additional benefits, including:
- 65nm chip technology, the most advanced in the card industry, supports the fastest transaction time for contactless Payments
- Long lifecycle, with Visa LOAs until December 2028 for 8-pin and 6-pin PVC cards and 6-pin “holofoil” cards
- Fast time to market with paper-based certification (within 2 weeks) of payment brands for card vendors enabled by full system offering and pre-certification by Visa
- Coil-on-Module (CoM) inductive coupling in 6-pin and 8-pin packages offers the most efficient method of dual-interface card production with reduced total cost of ownership and increased card robustness
- Superior card personalization performance to increase card-throughput
Infineon offers a portfolio of SECORA Pay secure payment solutions for different EMV standard payment card applications. Each includes a security controller optimized for payment applications with integrated Java Card and Global Platform operating system (OS). Variants include a ready-to-use chip and OS portfolio for standard payment cards, multi-application cards and novel form factors such as wearables. More information is available at www.infineon.com/cms/de/product/security-smart-card-solutions/secora-pay-security-solutions/