Fidelica Microsystems Announces Biometrically-Authenticated Smart Card
Integrated Biometric ID Technology Now Embedded in a Fully Flexible ISO-Compliant Card Format
Milpitas, CA, December 4, 2007–Fidelica Microsystems, Inc., a pioneering developer of fingerprint imaging and authentication technology, announces the availability of the company’s FSC-3012 Biometrically Authenticated Smart Card. This biometrically-authenticated credential features a fully-embedded biometric system. Fidelica’s smart card is the first in the industry to provide fingerprint imaging, enrollment and authentication contained entirely within an ISO 7810/16-format smart card. This card offers a cost-effective and easy-to-use means for security professionals to add biometric authentication to an access control or IT system, simply by upgrading cards.
“Based on the BCP-3 platform, the FSC-3012 allows accurate and reliable biometric security to be quickly and economically deployed,” said Robert Allen, Vice President of Marketing and Business Development at Fidelica. “By embedding a flexible plastic fingerprint scanner, microprocessor, and capture and matching software into a standards compliant smart card, we have made possible a biometric credential which conclusively ties the card to the cardholder,” Allen continued.
Placement of the entire biometric system on the card provides the FSC-3012 exceptional accuracy, flexibility and cost-effectiveness:
- No need to replace or modify infrastructure or back-end systems. The FSC-3012 simply adds biometric security to existing systems.
- Eliminates the need to transfer fingerprint templates between the reader and the card, thereby reducing interface requirements and increasing speed of use.
- Protects the cardholder’s privacy–an authentication decision is the only data released from the card.
- Eliminates interoperability issues associated with the use of varying fingerprint sensors on card readers.
- Allows for ready migration to biometrics on smart cards with ISO 14443 and other wireless protocols without installing fingerprint sensors on card readers.
Fidelica’s FSC-3012 has a compact form factor, high reliability and efficiency and low price making it ideal for a wide variety of applications. Fidelica offers a host of support tools such as a card development kit (CDK) and enrollment software.
In addition to smart cards, Fidelica is developing biometric security platforms for PCs, laptops, and mobile applications such as cell phones and PDAs, for release in 2008.
About Fidelica Microsystems
Fidelica Microsystems, a Petters Group Worldwide company, is a developer of biometrics technology for electronic security, access and transaction control. Fidelica’s proprietary, state-of-the-art pressure-sensing technology is produced using robust polymer materials making it ideally suited for smart cards and other small and highly-portable authentication solutions. Inherent accuracy, efficiency and simplicity attributes enable security professionals to rapidly deploy Fidelica’s fingerprint authentication solutions with minimum infrastructure disruption and within strict budget constraints. For more information, visit http://www.fidelica.com.
Fidelica Microsystems, Inc.