Oberthur Technologies and Todos Announce a Worldwide Partnership in the Field of Authentication
An end-to-end authentication solution for banks securing e-shopping and e-banking worldwide.
PARIS, FRANCE AND GOTHENBURG, SWEDEN, November 16, 2009–Oberthur Technologies and Todos are joining forces to create a complementary range of services and products such as authentication devices and back-end servers to improve security, usability and trust for online e-shopping and e-banking users.
This fully managed authentication service includes a Versatile Authentication Server for e-shopping and e-banking as well as a complete suite of devices:
- Card readers with associated EMV or PKI smartcards
- Connected and unconnected tokens (USB dongles, keypads or one-button devices)
- Applications for mobile phones (SMS, SIM Toolkit or handset-based)
- Scratch cards and matrix cards with list of one-time-passwords
To facilitate deployment of secure and trustworthy authentication services for banks, Oberthur Technologies offers a ‘Smart Authentication Pack’ including:
- Marketing and technical consultancy
- Global integration, including device branding, server integration and key management
- Authentication device delivery operated from over 30 secured Service Centers around the world, including customization, stock management, packaging and distribution
- Server operation either hosted in these Service Centers or on the banks’ premises
Xavier Drilhon, Managing Director of the Card Systems Division at Oberthur Technologies commented, “With our experience in securing financial services for more than 20 years, it was natural for us to join efforts with an industry innovator to create a complete authentication service which will benefit both consumers and banks. Oberthur Technologies’ worldwide presence and references combined with a network of more than 30 certified Service Centers guarantee our customers a reliable, trusted and end-to-end offer.”
As Ove Wedsjö, CEO at Todos said, “Considering that our server has already been deployed in more than 100 banks over the world with a total of 20 million devices rolled-out and the fact that Oberthur Technologies delivers security solutions to more than 5,000 financial institutions, I believe that this joint offer will have great success in the market.”
About Todos AB
Todos helps banks and other businesses create trusted, secure relationships with their customers online. Founded in 1987, Todos designs, develops, delivers and supports strong authentication and transaction verification solutions for eBanking and eCommerce. We have delivered over 20m products to 100+ financial institutions in more than 30 countries.
When trust matters, trust Todos. Visit us at Cartes 2009 – stand: 4M076.
About Oberthur Technologies
With sales of 882 million Euros in 2008, Oberthur Technologies is a world leader in the field of secure technologies.
Innovation and high quality services ensure Oberthur Technologies’ strong positioning in its main target markets:
- Card Systems: The world’s second largest provider of security and identification based on smart card technology and associated services for mobile, payment, transport, digital TV and convergence markets.
- Identity: Leading international supplier for the manufacture and personalization of secure identity documents such as passport, identity card, driving license or health care card – traditional and electronic – and associated services for both governmental and corporate markets.
- Security printing: World’s third largest private security printer specialized in high security for the production of banknotes, checks and other fiduciary documents in more than fifty countries.
- Cash protection: World leader in the emerging market of intelligent systems to secure cash-in-transit and ATM.
Close to its customers, Oberthur Technologies benefits from an industrial and commercial presence across all five continents.
Oberthur Technologies S.A. is a limited liability company (société anonyme) registered in France with its registered office at 50 quai Michelet 92 532 Levallois Perret, France. Oberthur Technologies S.A.’s corporate registration number is 340 709 534 R.C.S. Paris.
Telephone: +33 1 47 85 58 06
Telephone: +46 31 775 88 23